Asset-Link Finance provides immediate access to your deposits, when you need them. It's like having access to your money without having to liquidate the deposit and without losing out on the interest of the deposit. A Debit Card and/or cheque book can also be issued to operate the account. This facility is available to Egyptians nationals and expatriates as per the following matrix:
|Facility||Savings Certificate||Time Deposits
(Foreign currency Only)
|Personal Finance||90% of security||95% of security|
|in the same currency|
|Facility||Savings Certificate||Saving Certificate / TMD (Foreign Currencies)|
|Overdraft||90% of security||90% of security|
Foreign currency facility against national local currency is not allowed
- Maintain deposits and/ or investments with HSBC acceptable deposits. Investments must be in the form of saving certificates and time deposits
- Facilities in EGP must be secured by Saving Certificates in EGP, and facilities in foreign currency must be secured by Deposits in foreign currency
- Finance amount must not exceed 95% of security amount if secured by time deposits or saving certificates
- Valid National Identification card (for Egyptians)
- Valid Passport and Valid Residency (for Foreigners)
What is Asset Linked Finance?
The Asset-Linked Finance is a facility granted against savings accounts, saving certificates or time deposits held with HSBC whereby you can have enough liquidity to fulfil your needs without having to withdraw cash from your savings and continue to earn interest on these savings.
How is the interest rate calculated for Asset Linked Finance?
Interest rate is calculated based on Bank announced rate at the time of application, Interest rate will stay fixed during the finance tenor therefore the finance installments and the finance tenor will stay fixed.
Why choose Asset Linked Finance?
This finance type is flexible, customers will be able to benefit from needed liquidity without having to withdraw cash from their savings and continue to earn interest on these savings.
If I want to settle my Asset Linked Finance is there any fees I should pay?
No, you will only be required to pay your outstanding total finance amount, no extra fees will be required.