Foreign Currency Cards Mark—up Change – FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the change applied to HSBC Cards' foreign currency mark-up?
HSBC cards foreign currency mark-up fee will be changed as follows:
- HSBC credit cards foreign currency mark-up will be decreased to be 3% instead of 6% effective 16 January 2017 applied to both foreign currency cash and purchase transactions
- Debit cards foreign currency mark-up will be decreased to be 3% instead of 6% effective 17 January 2017 applied to foreign currency purchase transactions. Debit card foreign currency mark-up applied on cash transactions is as is at 6%
2. What are the transactions affected by the foreign currency mark-up?
Foreign currency cash & purchase transactions carried by both credit and debit cards.
3.What is the effective date for the card foreign currency mark-up change?
Credit cards mark-up fee change on both purchase and cash transactions is effective on 16 January 2017.
Debit cards mark-up fee change on purchase transactions is effective on 17 January 2017.
4. Where is the foreign currency mark-up announced?
Please refer to our 'Schedule of Charges' announced on HSBC website for the foreign currency mark-up.
Foreign Currency Cards Mark-up Change
|Product||Card Type||Foreign currency mark-up|
|Credit Cards||MasterCard Premier Credit Card|| 3% on both purchase and cash
transactions (effective 16 January 2017)
|MasterCard Advance Credit Card|
|Visa Platinum Credit Card|
|Visa Gold / Classic Credit Card|
|Debit Cards||Premier Visa Debit Card||• 3% on purchase transactions
(effective 17 January 2017)
• 6% on cash transactions
|Advance Visa Debit Card|
|Personal Banking Visa Debit Card|