Apply for a current account with HSBC
Enjoy convenience and flexibility for all your essential banking needs
An HSBC Current Account is a transactional account offering 24/7 access through online banking, mobile banking and phone banking, allowing you to manage your money with ease.
With an HSBC Current Account you get:
- Choice of currencies: open your account in Egyptian Pounds or any other major currency*
- Cheque book, debit card and periodic statements
- Free Personal Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and 24-hour Phone Banking services
*Current account opening is subject to special approval for non-residents
Fees & Charges
|Account opening fees||EGP 30 on a customer level (not per account) and applicable only on Personal Banking customers|
|Eligibility criteria/Minimum balance||(a) Minimum monthly average balance in deposits and/or investments of EGP 10,000, USD 2,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency)
(b) Minimum gross monthly salary of EGP 5,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency) transferred to HSBC
|Monthly account maintenance fees||EGP 7
(deducted on Quarterly basis on a customer level and includes personal finance accounts, dormant accounts and cardholders without an account with HSBC)
|Account closing fees||NIL|
|Salary based fixed monthly service charge||NIL|
|Monthly service charge (below minimum balance)||EGP 50 or equivalent in other foreign currencies (If the minimum combined average balance is EGP 10,000 or equivalent, including balances in Current / Savings and Term Deposits, no monthly service charge will be applied. If the combined average balance is not maintained, individual account balances and service monthly charges apply. Monthly service charge is not applied on suffix level for payroll/pension accounts and loan/bancassurance settlement accounts)|
You need to complete the account opening process by personally visiting any of our branches, with the following documents:
- Valid National ID or Passport or Military ID for Egyptians
- Original passport with valid entry visa (for expatriates residents and non-residents)
- Proof of residence – an electricity bill, telephone bill/ rental contract
- Proof of employment HR letter for employees and Tax card for self employed
- Proof of salary as required for applicable facilities
Additional required document for salary based customers:
- Salary Transfer letter
Ready to apply?
Apply online and our representative will call you back within 60 minutes* to proceed with your request.
Every day from 9am to 11pm
+202 3535 9100
*Our team is available from Sunday to Thursday, 9.30am to 3.30pm.