- Earn points with 'My Rewards Points'1 program and redeem them for a host of gifts and e-vouchers
- Benefit from installment plans at discounted interest rates to suit your different financial needs
- Enjoy over 8,000 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free' offers across 15 countries with the free HSBC Entertainer app
- Get free for life2 primary and supplementary cards for family members
HSBC Credit Card Super Start Campaign Terms and Conditions – from 3 February 2019 and until 30 April 2019 both days included
When do these terms and conditions apply?
- HSBC Bank Egypt S.A.E ("we" or "us" or "HSBC") has launched an offer ("Campaign") linked to customers spend, for customers who apply to open new credit card account in HSBC to issue new primary credit card and who do not have an credit card account with HSBC Bank Egypt as of 31 January 2019.
- The campaign period is from 3 February 2019 and until 30 April 2019 – both days included ("Campaign Period").
- These terms and conditions ("Campaign Terms and Conditions") apply in respect of the Campaign. These apply to you so far as the law and regulation permits so please read them carefully.
Who are eligible to participate in the Campaign?
- The Campaign is open to customers who apply to open new credit card account to issue a new HSBC primary credit card either via HSBC branches, Mobile Sales representatives, the HSBC Bank Egypt public website (www.hsbc.com.eg), and do not have a HSBC primary credit card account with us as of 31 January 2019 and then open a new HSBC primary credit card during the Campaign Period.
- The Campaign is not open to existing HSBC Credit Card customers who open a new primary or supplementary credit card during the Campaign Period with us.
- Please note, whilst you may be contacted for this offer as being eligible to apply, the HSBC Credit Card remains subject to credit and eligibility criteria and we have no obligation to accept your application for a new HSBC Credit Card with us.
What is the offer?
- If you open a new HSBC Credit Card account to issue a primary credit card with HSBC and spend using HSBC Credit Card (which has been made domestically or internationally in EGP or the equivalent amount in foreign currencies) within the first 60 calendar days starting the date of issuance of the new primary HSBC Credit Card, you will receive (cashback) credited directly in your HSBC Credit Card account according to the following amounts:
- EGP 1500 cashback for spending EGP 30,000 and above
- EGP 1000 cashback for spending EGP 15,000 to EGP 29,999
When and which spends qualify for the purpose of the campaign?
- All spends on retail purchases made by you using your new HSBC Credit Card during the first 60 calendar days starting the date of issuance of the new HSBC primary credit card will qualify you for the purpose of this Campaign.
- Cash Advance, Balance transfers, Cash Installment Plan and cash withdrawals are excluded from this campaign.
- International spends on retail purchases during the first 60 calendar days starting the date of issuance of the new HSBC Credit Card qualify for the purpose of this Campaign. While determining the eligibility for the Cashback, the international spends, if not in EGP, would be converted into the equivalent in Egyptian Pounds at the prevailing market rate at the posting date and not at the transaction date attracting the foreign currency mark-up fees and charges as per the 'Schedule of Services & Tariffs' announced on our website. Foreign currency Transactions are converted into your billing currency by the card scheme (Visa or Mastercard®) or HSBC Bank Egypt using their applicable exchange rates on the day conversion is made (which is the transaction posting date on HSBC Bank Egypt system and not the actual date of transaction and which may involve a conversion to US Dollars or Hong Kong Dollars first).
- If you apply for a new HSBC Credit Card account (i.e. HSBC primary card) on a certain date during Campaign Period and subsequently apply for a supplementary card, the spends on supplementary card will be considered as part of your eligibility towards the Cashback until the 60th day starting the date of issuance of the new primary HSBC Credit Card and not the 60th day of the date of issuance of the new HSBC supplementary card.
- Pre-authorizations on your HSBC Credit Card will not qualify for the purposes of your eligibility towards the Cashback unless the transaction is deducted from your credit card account during the Campaign Period.
- Spends may be made across any number of new HSBC Credit Cards opened during the Campaign Period which are either held in your name or your supplementary cardholder's name where you are the primary cardholder. However please note that the Cashback will be credited to the HSBC primary credit card Account directly.
- If your HSBC Credit Card is lost or stolen and you dispute any purchases; and/or purchases made on your HSBC Credit Card are declined by the merchant or refunded; such purchases will not qualify as spends for the purposes of this Campaign. In the event that your card is lost or stolen, you can continue making purchases with your replacement HSBC Credit Card when you receive it and all such purchases made within the first 60 calendar days starting the date of issuance of the new HSBC Credit Card will continue to qualify for this Campaign.
- To be eligible for the cash-back, you must ensure that you do not cancel your HSBC Credit Card until the date of the cashback fulfillment which is up to 150 calendar days from the new HSBC primary card issuance date. Any spends made on any of your HSBC Credit Cards that have been cancelled or suspended within 150 calendar days from the new HSBC primary card issuance date will not qualify as spends for the Campaign.
- Any decision about whether spends on purchases qualify as spends for the purposes of this Campaign shall be resolved by us in our sole discretion. We shall determine, in our sole discretion, which customers qualify for the Cashback.
When will I get the Cashback credited?
- If you fulfill these Campaign Terms and Conditions, any Cashback will be automatically credited to your HSBC Credit Card account within 150 calendar days from the new HSBC primary card issuance date. It is your responsibility to ensure that your new HSBC Credit Card account is open and active by the end of Campaign Period. If you fail to do so by this date you will no longer be eligible for the Cashback.
What else do I need to know about the Campaign?
- These Campaign Terms and Conditions only apply in the Arab Republic of Egypt. These Campaign Terms and Conditions only apply in the Arab Republic of Egypt. The Bank reserves the right to extend the campaign period, terminate the campaign early or subject to updating HSBC Bank Egypt public website ww.hsbc.com.eg with the same HSBC decision on all matters relating to the Campaign shall be final and conclusive.
- You must be up to date on all your payments on your HSBC Credit Cards at all times in order to participate in this Campaign. If any payments are overdue on any of your HSBC Credit Cards, or at any stage you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions, or if any of your HSBC Credit Cards have been suspended or cancelled by us, your spends will not qualify you for the purpose of this Campaign
- You agree to take part in any promotional activities reasonably requested by us if you qualify for the Cashback.
- You consent to your data being stored, transferred and processed (either in Egypt or overseas) by HSBC, its group companies and its authorized third parties to contact you if you qualify the Cashback
- Participating in this Campaign does not grant entrants the right to use HSBC’s name, logo or images from or relating to the Campaign without HSBC’s explicit written approval. Entrants may not make any public announcement regarding the Cashback or any other aspect of this Campaign without HSBC’s prior written consent and any breach of this provision shall confer a right on the HSBC at HSBC’s discretion not to award the Cashback to an entrant from a qualifier immediately and without notice.
- In addition to these Campaign Terms and Conditions, the HSBC Personal Banking General Terms and Conditions for Egypt, the HSBC Credit Card Agreement Terms for Egypt and any separate terms and conditions as available on www.hsbc.com.eg shall continue to apply. For all rates, fees and charges (including overseas transactions) as set out on the HSBC Schedule of Services and Tariffs, please visit our website at www.hsbc.com.eg.
- These Campaign Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Arab Republic of Egypt. All disputes relating to these Campaign Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- Each of the terms and conditions set out in these Campaign Terms and Conditions needs to be met.
Apply for a new HSBC Credit Card for a chance to get up to EGP 1,500 cashback3Find out more about HSBC Credit Cards