How Verified by VISA® / MasterCard® SecureCodeTM works:
1. Shop online at participating retailers who show the Verified by VISA and/or Mastercard SecureCode logo.
2. A screen will be displayed asking you to enter the One Time PIN (OTP)*.
3. An OTP will immediately be sent to your registered mobile phone number via Text Message (SMS).
4. Enter the OTP correctly and your transaction will be confirmed.
*You will receive a unique PIN for every transaction.
It’s never been more important to update your details
HSBC Online Security in association with Verified by VISA® and MasterCard® SecureCodeTM will only work effectively if we have an up-to-date mobile phone number for your primary and supplementary cards. Please take a minute to make sure all your details are correct.
Updating your contact details is as easy:
1. Log in to your Personal Online Banking account and update your contact details; or
2. Call us on our Telephone Banking numbers and follow the instructions to update your contact details; or
3. Visit your nearest branch or customer service unit and update your contact details by filling in a form.
Verified by VISA®/MasterCard® SecureCodeTM Terms and Conditions apply
It's that simple
How you can stay safe when you shop online
- Make sure your device is protected – do you have anti-virus software installed plus the latest browser?
- Always log off after shopping online – especially if you’re on a shared computer
- Look for the padlock – a padlock symbol in the corner of your browser window means your information is secure
- Make sure HSBC has an up-to-date mobile phone number as Verified by VISA® and MasterCard® SecureCodeTM will only work effectively if we have the right mobile phone number for you.
To view the Frequently Asked Questions, Please click here
To view the Terms & Conditions, Please click here