Experience extra levels of online security
HSBC now offers you even more protection when shopping online. We have partnered with Visa and Mastercard to provide an additional layer of online shopping security when using your HSBC debit and credit cards.
Thanks to Verified by Visa® and Mastercard SecureCodeTM, using your cards online is now even more secure.
How Verified by Visa® and Mastercard SecureCodeTM works:
- Shop online at participating retailers who display the Verified by Visa and/or Mastercard SecureCodeTM logo.
- A screen will be displayed asking you to enter the One Time PIN (OTP). You will recieve a unique PIN for every transaction.
- The OTP will immediately be sent to your registered mobile phone number via Text Message (SMS).
- Enter the OTP correctly and your transaction will be confirmed.
It’s never been more important to update your details
HSBC Online Security in association with Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCodeTM will only work effectively if we have an up-to-date mobile phone number for your primary and supplementary cards. Please take a minute to make sure all your details are correct.
Updating your contact details is as easy
- Log in to your Online Banking account and update your contact details.
- Call us on our Telephone Banking numbers and follow the instructions to update your contact details.
- Visit your nearest branch or customer service unit and update your contact details by filling in a form.
What is Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode?
How does Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode work?
How do I use my Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode PIN?
Do I need to register for Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode?
What are the system requirements for Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode?
Stay safe online
Tips for staying safe when you shop online
- Make sure your device is protected – do you have anti-virus software installed plus the latest browser?
- Always log off after shopping online – especially if you’re on a shared computer.
- Look for the padlock – a padlock symbol in the corner of your browser window means your information is secure.
- Make sure HSBC has an up-to-date mobile phone number as Verified by Visa® and Mastercard SecureCodeTM will only work effectively if we have the right mobile phone number for you.