Your HSBC debit card
With all our debit cards you get:
- Chip and PIN protectionYour HSBC debit card is embedded with a microchip. When used with your 6-digit PIN, it provides even more protection against fraud than magnetic stripe cards.
- Worldwide acceptanceHSBC debit cards are accepted globally at over 1 million ATMs and over 28 million retail outlets.
- Access to multiple HSBC accountsYou can access up to three HSBC accounts through the ATMs provided that the card is linked to those accounts.
- Contactless 'Visa payWave' technologySave time on small value purchases at selected outlets by just waving your debit card in front of a payWave reader. Find out more.
- Free HSBC ATM services in Egypt and abroadCash withdrawal, account balance inquiry and mini-statement request is all available using your debit card at HSBC ATMs.
Discover our debit cards
What you get with an HSBC Premier Debit Card
What you get with an HSBC Advance Debit Card
What you get with an HSBC Personal Banking Debit Card
Experience extra levels of online security
Chip & PIN
Using your HSBC card abroad
Carrying your HSBC card is much safer than carrying cash and your pockets won't be weighed down with foreign currency. Here are some simple tips for carrying and using your debit or credit card overseas.
What to do before you leave
- Check the expiry date on your HSBC card.
- Make sure you have enough funds in your account or available credit limit.
- Update your latest contact details with us, so that we can get in touch with you easily.
- Contact us with your travel dates and destinations, so we can update our system.
- Write down HSBC contact numbers in case you need to get in touch while you're away.
Things to know while you're away
While using an ATM machine or when paying with your HSBC card abroad, be discreet while entering your PIN and aware of the people around you. Keep all receipts to check against your statements, and contact us immediately if you notice any fraudulent activity on your card(s).
Try not to keep all your cards in the same place – that way, should your wallet be lost or stolen, you won't lose everything. If your card is lost or stolen abroad, please call us immediately and report it to the local authorities.
Emergency assistance worldwide
HSBC Premier customers call:
HSBC Advance customers call:
Things you should know
How to request a debit card
If you are registered for online banking, you can request a debit card or ask for a replacement online. You can also request a debit card using the HSBC Mobile Banking app using the "Send us a message" feature.